Taking an Assessment
When you access the Tests & Quizzes tool, WVSU Online displays the Tests & Quizzes home page.
If the screen shown above is not displayed, click the Reset button to display the home page.
The home page is also known as the Assessments screen. It contains two sections:
• Under “Take an Assessment,” you see a list of the assessments you have not taken. This list also includes assessments that allow multiple submissions, if you have not yet submitted the maximum allowed.
• Under “Submitted Assessments,” you see a list of the assessments you have already submitted.
You have two display choices in the “Submitted Assessments” section.
• If you want to view scores and available feedback/statistics for all submissions, click View All Submissions/Scores. For any assessment allowing multiple submissions, WVSU Online displays a score in the “Recorded Score” column, as well as the available feedback and score for each individual submission.
• If you want to view only recorded scores and available statistics for assessments, click View Only Recorded Scores. For any assessment allowing multiple submissions, WVSU Online only displays the recorded score.
To sort the assessments by title, due date and time, or other label in the header line, click the header you want to sort by. WVSU Online sorts the list and displays a sort icon by the header you clicked. For basic information on sorting, see Working with Lists.
To take an assessment, follow these steps:
1. Find the appropriate assessment in the Take an Assessment section and click its title. WVSU Online displays the Begin Assessment screen.
This screen shows basic information about the assessment, including the following:
• Course and instructor names
• Time limit for taking the assessment
• Number of submissions allowed
• Due date
It also indicates whether WVSU Online automatically submits the assessment after the allowed time has elapsed and shows when you will receive feedback on it.
2. To begin taking the assessment, click Begin Assessment. Or, to return to the Assessments screen without taking the assessment, click Cancel.
If you clicked Begin Assessment, WVSU Online displays the first question in the assessment.
If the test is timed, the time remaining is shown at the top of the screen.
To hide this display, click the Hide/Show Time Remaining button. To display it, click the button again.
3. Depending on the type of question, click to select the appropriate answer and/or enter text in the box provided.
4. Depending on how the assessment has been set up, you may have one or more of these choices:
• Clear your answers(s) by clicking Reset Selection.
• Continue to the next question by clicking Next. WVSU Online will automatically save your answer for the current question.
• Return to the previous question by clicking Previous. WVSU Online will automatically save your answer for the current question.
• Save your work by clicking Save.
• Access all parts and questions for the assessment by clicking Table of Contents at the top of the screen.
• Check the Mark for Review box for the question, if you are not sure of your answer and want to return to the question later. (In the table of contents, a question mark will be displayed next to the question.)
• To save your work and exit from the assessment in order to complete it later, click Exit. WVSU Online saves your work and displays a message explaining your options. If you click Return to Assessment, you will go back to the first answer in the assessment. If you click Continue, you will return to the Tests & Quizzes home page.
5. After answering the last question, click Submit for Grading. WVSU Online displays the following message:
6. To return to the last question, click Previous. If you are ready to submit, click Submit for Grading. WVSU Online displays the Submission Information screen:
7. Make a note of your confirmation number.
8. Click Continue. WVSU Online displays the Tests & Quizzes home page. This assessment is now listed under Submitted Assessments.