You may use the Gradebook tool to view your grades for a course. You will see only the information your instructor has chosen to display to students. This information may include the following:
• Course grade to date
• Calculated grade to date (cumulative score in the course, upon which your course grade is based)
• Course grade statistics (mean, median, mode, and class rank)
• Score, due date, and total possible points for individual items
• Statistics (mean, median, and mode) and statistics charts for individual items
• Categories to which individual items are assigned
• Weights for categories and items
When you access the Gradebook tool, the WVSU Online displays a screen that is similar to this one:
• WVSU Online displays course information, such as course grade to date, calculated grade to date, and rank, in the top section.
• Below this section, WVSU Online displays information about individual items in a spreadsheet-style format. Each item is in a row and each type of information is in a column. If an item has been excused, or it has been dropped as a lowest-score item, WVSU Online displays the score for it in red, with a strikethrough.
• To sort a column by ascending or descending order, click on the triangle in the header for the appropriate column.
• To see a comment and a statistics chart for an item, click anywhere in that item’s row. WVSU Online displays the comment in a box on the right, and the statistics chart in the top section.